Brenden and his cousin Caden decided to get some work done before they ate their Thanksgiving dinners. We, along with Mom and Rick, went to Dave and Jill’s for Thanksgiving. The four boys had a good time and all of us adults, of course, ate too much.
Even though it has been a tough year, I am still thankful for so much. The list could go on and on about everything I am thankful for, but instead I will just give you a small sample.
- I am thankful for the stomach ache I got from eating too much on Thanksgiving day. It meant that my body was well enough to eat all kinds of food and lots of them.
- I am thankful for the back ache I had the next day. That meant that I was well enough to join in with wrestling all 4 Baty boys (Caden, Jaxson, Brenden and Zane).
- I am thankful for my arms aching the next day. That meant that I was strong enough to throw the 1 1/2 year old(Zane) up in the air and catch him, causing him to laugh.
- Beyond all the aches and pains I am so thankful and blessed with a beautiful wife and two beautiful boys whom I love very much.
- I am so thankful for all the family and friends who have rallied around me in my time of need.
- I am thankful that when you are staring at 4 hospital walls and it has been two tough weeks with no end in sight that there is One who is always waiting to hear your cares. One who is willing to listen to all your hopes and dreams. And One who is waiting for you at 3 a.m. on your 4th straight day of very little sleep to calm your fears and reassure you that you need to let go of all your worries because He is in control, not you.
I hope all your Thanksgivings were awesome and that you all over ate and enjoyed yourselves.